[Northkeep] Re: Calling all garb makers

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Tue May 6 09:21:26 PDT 2003

>From: "beth at stormreaver.net" <beth at stormreaver.net>
>I'm not really very good at most kinds, but middle eastern, I'm >starting
>to get the hang of... and am willing to tackle others... fortunately, a lot
>of the pattern companies are coming out with really nice, period-looking
>patterns...

I'm sorry, I have to just say this (I think it's in my contract), then you
all can get back to business -- Medieval clothing isn't that complicated to
make - before 1350-1400 you are mostly dealing with a lot of straight lines.
  Patterns aren't really that serious an issue.  Basic SCA "garb" isn't even
THAT complex.

I will be happy to teach -anyone- the basics of medieval clothing
construction.

Marc/Diarmaid