[Northkeep] fighter practice

Susan O'Neal catmafia at swbell.net
Wed May 7 07:04:49 PDT 2003

At 08:29 AM 5/7/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>         I'm planning on bringing the brood out to fighter practice.  My
>19-year-old is totally enamored with it. I know it's at McClure park, but it
>is pretty obvious how to find it, once you're in the park?
>
>         Trish

Yes, we are in the area between the parking lot and the gym, real easy to
find.  Everyone will want to bring something to sit on as there is just one
bench there and with the city's cost cutting, not sure on grass length.  I
am real excieted about this, as the way I found out all about the SCA 4
years ago when I was new was to go to fighter practice all the time and
visit with different people.  There are so many I owe a great deal of
thanks to; Beorthlic, Zahava, Lucan, Catan, Thorgrim, Thorvald, Gio,
Eitienne, Merick, Rowan, and so many more that I can't name them all
including many members of Alton's Company.

It isn't an approach you can distille into a class, but it is a great way
to learn the heart of the SCA through the memories and interests of
different people.  There is much talk of the dream, but one of the things
about the SCA that is so incredible to me is how it holds so many things
within it's self-it is truly a Society.  There are so many aspects
available that you can continuously find something new and there are
certain threads that run through it all.  Tonight should be great for
showing many of the highlights and answering some basic questions.

Also, the guys will be thrilled for someone new to beat on,

Susan the Curious
Hospitaller of Northkeep
Kingdom of Ansteorra