[Northkeep] FW: The best preserved Roman ship...

Anawyn at aol.com Anawyn at aol.com
Fri May 16 15:58:54 PDT 2003

In a message dated 5/14/2003 2:18:01 PM Central Daylight Time,
hughn at SSD.FSI.com writes:

> http://www.romeinsschip.nl

There are some really interesting photos there, and I especially like the
"time lapsed" camera showing the weeks of digging the ship out. Since it was
obvious a dry dock area, I am guessing that it was discovered in an area
where the Rhine has changed course since that time? Really deep in the earth
- I wonder how they discovered it? I sure hope Discover Channel picks up a
special on that someday soon.
Thanks for sharing
Anawyn