[Northkeep] Thanks

Mike C. Baker kihe at ticnet.com
Wed May 7 10:06:56 PDT 2003

In short:  yes.  (Although the Romans of old are said not to have
known germ theory, the Roman military did learn a few things about
water quality in re: the health of the troops over the centuries!)

Although for flavor alone, 1:10 may be overpowering to modern
palates -- I have found that a teaspoon or less of balsamic vinegar
added to water in a tall drinking glass is very pleasant indeed (if
one can enjoy vinegar taste at all -- my fiancée had an unfortunate
incident with straight white vinegar in a clear glass when she was
about age 3...)

Adieu, Amra.
--
Mike C. Baker
SCA: al-Sayyid Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra
alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com OR mikecbaker at sbcglobal.net