[Northkeep] G'elf?

Susan O'Neal catmafia at swbell.net
Thu May 8 08:35:42 PDT 2003

At 11:21 AM 5/8/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>yes, Peggy is also an elf, although she may also be part Who.
>
>Masamune

Never thought of it that way, am hearing the 'Wha Who Foray' song in my head.

To put this back on topic and as reflection of what one of the people said
last night.  Peggy was once talking about how much she loved the SCA.  She
said it was so wonderful to have people around who treated her as a person
as opposed to dismissing her as a child.  This is one of the greatest gifts
I see in the society we are in, we provide a great playing ground for
people to be themselves where in the outside it may not be
appreciated.  The comment from last night had to do with finding 'my kind
of people' and I hope she has found that here, even if they may be elfs in
there other lives.

There is such wide diversity in the SCA that it is amazing.  You should be
able to find commonalities of interests in many things within the SCA, if
one isn't finding it-just ask and I will help point you to where you might
find what you need.  I have heard so many talk about how they have
streached and challenged themselves in their lives outside the SCA through
their accomplishments and achievements in the SCA.  I will admit that I am
often disbelieving when ones will tell me how they are shy in their mundane
life, as this is so far from the life they lead in the SCA.  It seems that
the level of acceptance is so much greater, that people are more free to
just be themselves while in.

I so love the uniqueness of the SCA,

Susan