[Northkeep] And from CNN this morning...

Alton lePeto altonscompany at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 13 06:27:48 PST 2003

Respectfully,
I wish this had been a topic of discussion on the "Peers Lists" for a longer
time.  Maybe this latest incident will get the BoD  involved.  Seems like
this sort of thing has been going on for sometime.  Wasnt that long ago at a
Northkeep event, I remember an individual being escorted from site(and later
banished that night) for this sort of behavior.  Of course the individual
mentioned in the CNN article is not a "Peer"  within the SCA so banishment
will be a forgone conclusion and good riddance.  Maybe its time we as a pro
family activities organization decided to exclude known or "red flagged"
individuals with a past history of this sort of behavior?  I'd really hate
to see the national media put a spin on how the SCA "harbors" human trash of
this sort.  I'd say we could forget about ever having access to facilities
owned by any of the Scouting organizations if they were concerned about it.
Maybe we as a group could come up with some gesture of support for those
people in that Barony in Pa?  Im sure they are feeling very scared with all
this attention on them and accusations that are soon to follow this sort of
thing, not to mention those poor kids caught up in this tragedy.

Alton