[Northkeep] And from CNN this morning...

Zubeydah zubeydah at northkeep.org
Thu Nov 13 11:33:04 PST 2003

I have sadly seen both spectrums - parents who can't wait to drop the kid
off at children's activities (or anyone willing to stand still long enough),
and parents whose presence stiffled the children's participation and
enjoyment of the events. Not being a parent, I don't really feel comfortable
to comment further, other than what Zaina said, seemed very wise.

As to the issues raised by Lord Alton, I would ask a further question: How
do we handle it when the issue is NOT one of proof... ie, the person has
already been found guilty?  Under what circumstances and/or oversight are
they allowed to participate? Are there any restrictions? Is there an
obligation on the SCA's part to identify these individuals so that parents
can make an informed decision as to whether or not to bring their children
to an event or not, or who to allow their children to be around without
supervision?

curiously,

zubeydah