[Northkeep] New to SCA

Kathrine M. O'Neal ekaterina at direcway.com
Mon Nov 17 19:07:53 PST 2003

Actually, they both mean "Daughter of Ivan"...  Depending on what your
period is, the -ich ending is either a simple variation or (in extremely
late period Moscow) an actual sign of rank.  There's even a phrase
(pisat'sia s vichem) that means that you have the right to have your name
written with the "-ich" ending.

The absolute best place in the world for information on constructing a
Russian name is:
http://www.sca.org/heraldry/paul/zgrammar.html

Although I'd be more than happy to help you out with this stuff by private
email. :)

Ekaterina Stepanova doch' Novgorodskaia
Resident Herald and Russian Name Geek

Nastas'ya wrote:
Oh no it's not rude..I don't believe so.  I found some documentation for the
name Ivanovich but..now that you said that..I guess I'll do a little more
checking into it :) Thanks!!!!