[Northkeep] what is.............

Stephanie Drake sdrake at matrixservice.com
Fri Nov 7 11:29:06 PST 2003

I believe that's supposed to be double faced tablet weaving - and I can't remember if it is demonstration or hands on - check the class list on the webpage.
A lucet is a wishbone shaped tool - like what Talana has been doing at populace - you use it to make lacings, etc.....
Tatting is hard to explain - kind of a knotting technique using a needle or a shuttle - the end result is kind of lacy, a little like crochet, only not really..........(I know that probably doesn't help much)  The initial stitch techniques are pretty simple and then it can get more complicated.  It's a really portable way to make some really pretty things, though, and it can be started fairly cheaply.  Toinette teaches the needle tatting technique.

Mercedes