[Northkeep] A slightly different shoemaking question...

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 21 08:54:11 PST 2003

Ok, I;'ve had 8 people experess interest, which is not too bad actually:

"Graue, Chris" <Chris.Graue at benham.com>
"Stephanie Drake" <sdrake at matrixservice.com>
Renault  greddi66 at juno.com
Agnus Gunn <angusmgunn at yahoo.com>
Gerard <gerard_de_le_quartier at hotmail.com>
OttokarLuther at aol.com (3)

Let's see if we can't find a date.   According to the Baronial Calendar  the
next major free weekends are Dec 13-14; 20-21, and 27-28.  The Kingdom
calendar has nnothing really close for those weekends  (Forgotten Sea's Kris
Kinder is on the 13th and might be the closest thing).  So I'm thinking the
13-14th or 20th-21st, with my preference beinf for the 20-21st.  We won't be
able ot satisfy everyone, but if we can find a date that a simple majority
can work with?

I'm looking at this as a 2 day thing - about 9-5 on Saturday with a lunch
break, and 9 until everyone is happy with where they are on Sunday (or 5
which ever comes first).   Is this workable?

Note - people who have not expressed interest are also welcome.

Everyone will needs sharp, straight round awl and thin harness needles (all
of which you can get from MidContinent). unwaxed linen thread (linen sewing
thread from the needlework store will wik just fine), musicians resin, and
beeswax. You
will also need to look for some vegetable tanned leather - about 5 ounce and
10 ounce (about 2-3 square feet of each for a basic pair of shoes).   Note
that several of these items are kind of pricey, so you may want to go on on
them with someone else.  I know that Renauult is likely to have mateiral
that he'd be willing to part with for a small fee :)

Oh yes, and a clean empty soup can and a plastic cup for everyone.  Also
useful will be large sheets of paper, sharpies, masking tape (not Duct tape,
although that won't be turned down) Pencils, rulers, scissors, knives, etc.

We will need to find a place to do this, preferably some place with a
something we can cook on (I'll bring my own saucepan)

And for this, I'll even think about a handout for a change :)

Comments?  Questions?

Marc/Diarmaid