[Northkeep] And from CNN this morning...

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 13 10:43:32 PST 2003

Zaynah,
As a regular instructor, I don't have a problem with your wanting to get to
know me before leaving your kids in a class I was teaching - and by the same
token I'd like to make sure that I get a chance to know you for the same
reasons.  Trust isn't just something that can be blindly given (and there
have been some parents over the years who'se kids I wouldn't want in a class
I was teaching because I couldn't trust them - note for those of you who are
now reading things into this, I'm not thinking about anyone who's played in
the last decade).

I agree that we need to find positive ways to deal with the overall
situation, and just be aware that it -can- occur.  Not that it WILL, or that
it's something that we need to lose sleep being paranoid about, just that it
CAN happen.   Personally, it's not something that keeps me up at night,
since I don't spend that much time teaching children and teenagers, The one
I do spend time with,  I have a surprising amount of faith in  :)

M/D