[Northkeep] Demos

greddi66@juno.com greddi66 at juno.com
Wed Oct 29 12:48:50 PST 2003

Greetings fair people,

      I have been reading the thread about Demos and thought I would put a little something to think about.  Demos are a wonderful way to let the people outside the SCA know more about us, the SCA and a lot more fun than memorizing people, places and things about history in class.  I am one of ... who might be inclined to help with a demo any way I could, but I am not a teacher nor do I have any idea what to present.  I, like a fair amount of people also are learning things anew and may not be ready to brave the outside world alone but could help in amass.

     But, if there were some materials and various game plans put together that could be accessed quickly mabee just a few more might show-up feeling more prepared.

     As for timing, it should be said to the requesters that we may need some additional time (More than a weeks notice) to prepare and gather troops.  There are jobs, family and other events to contend with.

*** Important Note ***
     It should also be said that this forum and group should remain on friendly terms.  No one like to be made to feel the fool or condemned for there thoughts or beliefs.

Out of every ~100-150 people who see us you'll get 3-4 actually interested.  One of whom will return/continue the association past the initial demo.  The odds are better than even that person won't stay past 6 month's.

So, how do you beat those odds if you are looking to demos for recruitment?
- Lot's of demos.
or
- BIG demos with lots of people.
<<<

I applogise for this brief rant, I am still new to the game,
Renault de Mont-St. Michel
Baronial Guard of Northkeep