[Northkeep] Re: Black Fox

Fitzmorgan at aol.com Fitzmorgan at aol.com
Wed Oct 1 17:13:46 PDT 2003

From: Sarah
To: SmallGrayBear at yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 3:34 PM
Subject: [SmallGrayBear] black fox

Does anyone know/remember what Black Fox's caricatures were like?  If so,
does anyone have and example, or can you just be very descriptive of what they
were like?
Thanks,
Sarah
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open.
<

    Very little of William Blackfox's art work is online legitimately.  He
was very concerned with copyrite issues when he was alive.  After his death all
rights to his work passed to a relative who has no interest in the SCA and so
far as I know has never given anyone the rights to publish any of William's
work.
    A quick search of the internet turned up these links.

http://www.cs.vassar.edu/~priestdo/image/dtt1s.jpg
http://www.macrophile.com/~wolf/images/blackfoxwolf.jpg
http://www.appletonstudios.com/movies1.htm
http://www.sff.net/people/wm.mark.simmons/filk.htm

This limk is to an article of his on making the Great Kilt that has some
artwork.
http://www.meridies.org/as/dmir/Costume&Fashion/0924.html
This link is to a book on fire safety illistrated by William.
http://users.lazerlink.net/~dwarph/Fire_Book.pdf
Here is a photo of William
http://members.tripod.com/~whitebard/blackfox.jpg
http://www.greatdarkhorde.org/FamPics/horde050.jpg

    I can think of three other ways that you might see copies of his work.
    Several kingdom and local newsletters carried Warthaven, which was his
monthly comic.  I do not know if Miredies was one of them.  You might be able to
find copies of old newsletters that contain his work.  He passed away six
years ago so you would want to look for issues older than that.
    William often did caricatures for sale at events.  When someone purchased
one of his caricatures this included copyright to that work.  Someone who had
purchased one of these could legitimately publish or post it.
    William put out a book called "The Beast of Warthaven"  And a Graphic
Novel called "Vixins Keep".  have no idea where you would find a copy, but they
do exist.

I hope this helps.

Robert Fitzmorgan