[Northkeep] Name/Device Question

Herndon, Darin DHerndon at bswintl.com
Mon Oct 13 13:40:26 PDT 2003

Depends on the item.

If your documentation from the Acadamy covers both the first and last
name elements, then no additional research on the name is needed.  If it
only covered one, then we need to document the other.  To fill out the
forms, visit with Masamune and he'll get you set up.

Devices do not need documentation in the same sense that names do.  In
certain specific cases (weird regional styles) you may need to attach
something but generally you do not.  To register arms, you do not need
to tie the arms to a specific time period.  Basically, the heralds look
at the arms submission and evaluate whether it conflicts with someone
else's arms and whether it is of a style that could have existed in the
middle ages.  For the device, you need the forms; again, see Masamune
for those and instructions.

Etienne