[Northkeep] Old SCA Heraldry Article

John Yates valstarr_hawkwind at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 13 17:52:55 PDT 2003

Greetings!
   I have not gone through all the posts on the
heraldry issue lately (does it ever seem like you're
in areading mood when nobody's posting, and have a
hard time finding the time when everybody is in the
mood?), but in case someone else hasn't hit on this, I
was reminded of something from long ago.
   In my first membership period in the SCA (roughly
80-82ish, somewhere in there,) I believe there was
either a kingdom newsletter or Kingdom A&S publication
that had a really neat description of some heraldic
devies and their meanins. I recall nothing of the
research the author did, but it was what peaked my
interest into using the name and symbol of a hawk.
   The only person I know of who may have a copy of
those issues from back then is Sir Burke, who
apparently is much better at being organized and
keeping track of things than I.
   I think many of you would find it interesting
reading, if you can find a copy.

Regards,
Valstarr