[Fwd: [Northkeep] wool, carding combs]

Diana Hartzmann Diana.Hartzmann at hughessupply.com
Tue Oct 21 08:32:02 PDT 2003

Greetings Your Excellency,

Do you have any idea as to the breed of wool that your mom has?

Regarding the carding combs, you may not have a clue - but is she wanting cards or combs?  There is a big difference.  Cards are paddles of wood that have little crooked wire teeth and look very similar to cotton cards.  Combs have long nails and can have a single row or as many as 5 rows.  These are generally used with longer stapled wool and can be very wicked.

You can go online with the key words 'wool hand cards' and find sources for the cards.  Likewise, use the key words 'wool combs' and you'll find sources for them as well.  Or, remind me and I'll bring you a subscription form for the SpinOff magazine.  I know that's not what you requested but it's a wonderful magazine for the handspinner and has great advertisers.  Or - give me a holler and I'll try to come up with other options.  The only non-option is for me to give up my cards.

Your servant,

Debroa