[Northkeep] Scots

Graue, Chris Chris.Graue at benham.com
Wed Oct 29 12:45:37 PST 2003

I was wondering... when people think of Scots, they think "kilts"... but the
kind you see most, knee-length, is more of a men's style, isn't it? Did the
women wear the same style kilt or did they even wear their tartan in the
home at all? Trying to settle on a culture is proving to be most agrivating
for me. Just when I think I'll go with one, I start considering another.
Also, traditionally, girls are named by both their family's names (example:
my grandmother's mother was Scott and her father was Buchanon, so they named
my grandmother Lila (mother's given name) Scott Buchanon, but when she
married my grandfather, she dropped Scot and took "B" as her middle name)...
so if they are named with 2 separate clans' names, which tartan does she
wear? At the Scottish games, I asked one of them and they said it didn't
matter... but did it back in the day?

Anyone with info on Scottish women's garb info, I would appreciate it... oh,
and anyone with info on middle eastern women stuff, too... my options are
wide open here. The lovely thing about middle eastern, say an arabian
nation, would be IF i ever got a horse it would be arabian and then I could
participate in equestrian events and the horse would fit the persona!!! I
love arabians! They're so beautiful... the one at Namron was gorgeously
decorated and made me want one more than ever!

Chris, the confused