[Northkeep] Heraldry/Devices Stuff Pt. 2

Herndon, Darin DHerndon at bswintl.com
Fri Oct 10 12:37:59 PDT 2003

Raghnailt,

Consider your choices against:
Aaron Swiftrunner of the Stone Keep
The following device associated with this name was registered in June of
1989 (via Caid):  Per pale gules and Or, a fret counterchanged.

Basically an identical device except red (gules) where yours is blue
(azure).  But clear of conflict, you get one difference for changing
half the color of the background field and you get another for changing
half the color of the primary charge (item).

Or consider:
Branwyn Gwynarth
The following device associated with this name was registered in July of
1994 (via Ansteorra):  Per pale vert and Or, a fret and in the
interstices four roundels counterchanged.

Same as yours except green (vert) where you are blue.  Clear for the
same reasons.  And, additionally, they added the roundels which you
don't have for another difference.

But the killer for your first choice (Per pale...) is:
Phillip Harlech of Exeter
The following device associated with this name was registered in April
of 1981 (via the West): Per pale azure and Or, a fret and a chief
counterchanged.

It is exactly your device with the only difference being the addition of
the counterchanged chief.

I'll try to do more conflict checking later but October is really busy
for me and I might not get it done.  I would highly suggest checking
with Masamune at the consulting night.

Etienne