[Northkeep] re: Device Question

Graue, Chris Chris.Graue at benham.com
Mon Oct 13 12:07:53 PDT 2003

Thanks to everyone who have explained the Griffin thing (luckily, I was
talking to Mathias on the phone when I read the first one mentioning a
"principality" and I was able to ask him what that meant).

The Griffin I have is silver with griffin in profile fighting position with
the front claws holding an obolisque? (like the Washington monument,
cylindrical but not round with a point at the top) this is made of Snowflake
Obsidian. I love this pendant and have had it for over 10 years, but would
hate to think people might think I am stating a political view I don't have
by wearing it. Perhaps it is different enough that it wouldn't be associated
with the rest? It is so beautiful, and Griffins are quite old and popular.
Such a shame to limit it's use for fear of a local association. Perhaps I
will dig it out of whatever box it is still in and bring it to Populace (or
if I can find it today, bring it to Needleworker's tonight) and see what
people think. It is so beautiful.

I was also wanting to use it in my device and also planned to sew a griffin
holding a quill and paintbrushes on the front-mounted tire cover for my VW
Bus... or just paint it somewhere on the bus (What did you all think of my
bus this weekend? Did you notice I finally painted some of the images I drew
on there months ago? LOL)

Chris the ferret tamer