[Northkeep] Dionadair

Mercedes/Stephanie steldr at cox.net
Wed Sep 3 06:25:11 PDT 2003

This is what Evan sent me about the fighting.

Mercedes

1st round: Barrier-great wpns only(two handed)-no shield
     2nd round: Single wpn-no shield
     3rd round: General Melee-fighters choice of wpns
     4th round: Axe only one or two handed-no shield
     5th round: Great wpns-no shield

Only kills count. No arm, or leg shots count. No matter how many times a person is hit in a nonlethal area, it is not a counted shot. This is the way throughout the tourney.
       As for the Melee, only one person can win, this will give someone with a poor start a chance to pull close, or could give a fighter a lead hard to overcome. Everyone else will receive a loss, the winner being the only victor for the round.
       The barrier is a proximity thing. I am unsure about the distance you have to be from the barrier before losing..but the standard is acceptable.
        I have purposely excluded the shields, they lend to long fights that arent much fun to watch for the public. With the kills only aspect of the fighting, should make the fights last a little longer..and more fun to watch..if a bit more bruising. This is also why shields are only in the Melee.