[Northkeep] Dionadair

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 8 21:03:04 PDT 2003

>From: <j.t.herring at sbcglobal.net>
>If you do not mind I would like to continue this talk about Djionander. The
>tourney was originally styled as our largest and most important demo and
>this year it did seem a bit more like a mini-event. What we acomplished was
>not a bad thing. We just need to take a little of this year and mix it with
>a little of what we have done in the past.

Um, actually if memory serves (and I'm sure that the appropriate parties
will correct me if I'm mistaken), the -original- idea was to have a bit of a
mini-tourney for those fighters who didn't otherwise fight in tourneys, to
help them become a bit more comfortable with the format and such. (This may
be why it's been held during a fighter practice time and place).   Since our
fighter practices tend to be a bit demo-ish already, with people coming out
to watch and show off, people just chose to scale that up as well and show
off more of what we had and could do.  And afterwards we could have a party.
   Later a similar tourney was scheduled for the light weapons fighters on a
separate day.  Eventually these were brought together.   Eventually the demo
thing got more and more important, but I'm pretty sure that the original
emphasis was on the fighting thing.   If the public showed up, great, if
not, no big thing.

M/D