[Northkeep] Directions for Namron Protectorate

Deborah Sweet dssweet at okstate.edu
Tue Sep 16 07:21:18 PDT 2003

>I drove in in the middle of the night and did not see the signs for the
rain.  But when I found the southern >entrance, it had a raceway sign
right by the entrance to the mug bog.  There is a more northern entrance
which >people exited by to bypass the bad mud, but it is 1-2 miles more
north and I didn't see SCA signs there (might have >been pulled already)

Being a local and having attended events at that site since it was first
used by the SCA, I've never seen *any* SCA signs for the alternative route
to the site (even when Mooneschadowe used the site). However, ever since
that direction was pointed out to me, that's the way I *always* use to get
to Camp Cimarron.

I believe the name of the road is "Hackelberry". Traveling west on HWY 33
the road is straight for miles - up & down hills, but straight. Then
there's a big curve to the left and then a big curve to the right -
Hackelberry is *right* at the end of the right curve. Turn left/south. Go
south on a gravel road to the first intersection. Turn right/west. Go west
slightly downhill to the entrance of Camp Cimarron.

Estrill