[Northkeep] Re: Northkeep Digest, Vol 4, Issue 12

FARMING20 at webtv.net FARMING20 at webtv.net
Tue Sep 9 11:02:25 PDT 2003

One thing else ll mention about the tourniment is that it was done (i
guess on a 2 out of 3 rounds format)??  I was talking to all who
happened by, and would explain the basic rules to those who said they
would watch the fighting.  I didnt really start right off to watch it.
Somone came back and said that it looked to them like there were some
good blows givin that wernt called.  I watched it and at the first good
blow, I said, (well, it looks like he shluld hav e taken that, when upon
furthger watching, I realized it was a best 2 outa 3 (im assuming) bout
amoungst any 2 fighters.  The point is,how many spectators realized
that?  Or how many thought that good blows were givin and not called
because they didnt realize the format of the fighting.  I think that
although it would slow the fighting down, there needs to be a definate
brake in the action when  one side has been defeated with the Herald
noting same, so that the croud can follow along and understand what
theyre seeing, without coming back and asking us why so and so didnt
take a good blow from an ax to the helm, but just kinda backed up nodded
and went at him again.

http://community.webtv.net/FARMING20/BILLSLAND