[Northkeep] Tax Law Follow (Short)

Burke McCrory burkemc at cox.net
Mon Sep 15 22:03:51 PDT 2003

At 11:33 PM 9/15/2003 -0500, you wrote:

Æthelred, unfortunatly the short answer to your question is no, there will
not be a state wide vote on this issue.  It is a fee based issue that the
legislature will have to deal with in session.  I would expect that there
will be some action taken to fine tune this during the next legislative
session but that will not be until February (this is not enough to call a
special session by itself).  Most law changes passed during a session have
a July 1 implementation date.  Everyone should also remember that
legislators often issue press releases and make statements about issues
that are not popular in their home districts for political purposes
only.  In my 20 years working at the capital, I have seen this more times
than I can count, then when push comes to shove the issue just dies in
session.  Also please remember that this gem of a law was dreamed up in the
legislature and not at the Tax Commission.  So everyone that feels strongly
about this should contact their local legislator and tell him or her how
you feel about this.

Sir Burke