[Northkeep] Fwd: Diodanier Tourniment

Herndon, Darin DHerndon at bswintl.com
Fri Sep 19 06:32:15 PDT 2003

Concerning the exact quote the Damon cited from Wilhelm, the first round
was specifically designated as a "three good blows" combat across the
barrier.  Fighters were to keep fighting until they received three good
blows and  then they were to die.  I know in later rounds of the
Dionader I was talking to some people during the fighting and explaining
rules and such but I don't know how many SCA people were doing that in
the first round.  I do not know if the incident in question occurred in
the first round or not but I did think it worth noting that in at least
one round the style of combat was handling kills differently than the
usual "one good blow and you're dead" kills.

Etienne