[Northkeep] crossbow construction

Michael thompson thompsonimports at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 3 13:56:16 PDT 2003

For period crossbows, you need to get a copy of
 "The Crossbow, mediaeval and modern military and sporting its construction, history & management with a treatise on the balista and catapult of the ancients"
by sir ralph payne-gallwey.
even thou it says modern it was written in 1909.
It is the best book that i have found on crossbow.
If you want to borrow a copy let me know i have a couple copies.
This is my main source for the 18 foot tall trebuchet that i made and for the crossbow that i am making.

Matheus Mac Tavish