[Northkeep] Papers, Lore, and Videotape!

Zubeydah zubeydah at northkeep.org
Tue Aug 3 16:55:24 PDT 2004

er, okay, maybe I was getting a smidge creative there with the subject, but if I caught your attention....

I am seeking :

- a videotape of the investiture of Baron & Baroness Northkeep, Thorgrim & Sigen... anyone have one? I had it described as the 'model Norse event', and am really really curious to see it for myself.  I've been rolling around the idea of events with a strong cultural 'theme', and want to see what's been done successfully in the past.

    Also, have there been other events that you have attended, that specifically had a cultural theme that worked or didn't? What made it good? What made it bad? If you're willing to share opinions, please email me privately.

- information on The Battle of the Three Kings: What's it like? What type/style of event is it? I'm hearing its like Gulf, in that points are earned? or something?  Can anyone recommend a hotel nearby to the site? Anyone have good directions for someone who easily gets lost? :-)

- any type of interesting articles on any topic SCA, be it 'how tos' or 'what not to dos' or any manner of SCA Lore or Knowledge that folks are willing to share, whether published previously or not, for a new section on my personal sca website, called Ansteorran Lore. It could be class handouts, documentation on a specific subject, newsletter articles, origional song lyrics or poetry, etc etc etc....  if you're willing to send in items, please send them to me off list, at zubeydah at northkeep.org ...

I look forward to any responses.... :-)

always in service,

zubeydah jamillla al-badawiyya
http://zubeydah.northkeep.org