[Northkeep] Northern Regional Waterbearing 101 class

Zubeydah zubeydah at northkeep.org
Wed Aug 4 05:47:31 PDT 2004

Greetings and salutations to the Northern Region of the mighty Kingdom of Ansteorra, where the Black Star shines the brightest!  (And sincere apologies to those who receive this on more than one list... or all of them, heaven forfend.)

For those who do not know me, I am zubeydah jamilla al-badawiyya, and have the pleasure of serving as the Northern Regional Waterbearer in Charge, as well as the head of Northkeep's Waterbearers Guild.  Over the last few weeks, I have been in contact with a variety of folks from several groups in the north who have expressed interest in another waterbearing class and/or assistance in the creation of a Waterbearers' Guild for their group. The time frame specifically expressed, requested a class to be held prior to Namron Protectorate, somewhere in the Norman/Oklahoma City area.

The gracious Lady Dagmar of Namron has offered either her home or a location-to-be-determined for a class tentatively to be held on August 28th, at 1PM (ish - time is currently flexible, but I do have a bit of a commute to get there.). She currently has room for a class of 15 to 20 - should there be more interest than her living room will hold, another location can be found.

If you are interested in participating in this class, which lasts approximately an hour and a half to two hours, and results in adult participants receiving their non-contact authorization (yellow card), please contact me Off List, at zubeydah at northkeep.org with "WB101" in the subject line.  I will need a head count before the event, so that I can have adequate hand-outs and course materials.  I will bring *some* extras for those who decide to join us at the last minute, but can make no guarantees for those who don't pre-register.

Should this time and date not be convenient, there is a strong possibility of another class to be held in Talequah, at a time and date to be determined - if you are interested but cannot make the 28th, please let me know and I'll put your name on the list for a secondary class. It is my heartfelt desire that by the time my warrant ends in just over a year's time, that every man, woman, and child of the North who wishes to be, is trained in waterbearing.

For those who have not considered waterbearing as a form of service to our kingdom, please know this:  an advanced level of waterbearing service reduces heat injuries for both combatants and spectators. Fighters that don't overheat and have appropriate food items available to them, fight better. Better fights are more entertaining to spectators, and more enjoyable for the fighters. Events that are enjoyed by all involved gain word fame, and attendance can rise at the event in subsequent years. Therefore, in the bigger picture, good waterbearing is truly VITAL to the success of events.  Not only all that... but it's a great way to meet new people, serve your kingdom, and have a lot of fun, all at the same time.  So please consider participating in the class!

In service to the glorious Dream that is Ansteorra,

-zubeydah