[Northkeep] The festival of St. Ignore de Messge

Horn, Trisha D. tdhorn at saintfrancis.com
Tue Aug 24 13:56:48 PDT 2004

It's true, he's right.  I've actually attended this festival (the 50th
anniversary, I believe it was, of Himor). It was in the early spring and
lovely. The locals decorated everything with flower bedecked stuffed
squirrels and hung hundreds of green olives from the trees (which was
slightly difficult because they're slippery and have to have the strings
well knotted, lest they slide off the end).  Ah... I'll never forget the
magnificent strains of the yodeling choir.  Of course, after a few garlic
beers, it all degenerated to an armpit brigade, farting out local favorites.
And nothing could ever replace the fond memories I'll always cherish of Der
Festival Hoonter, which as everyone knows is the grand marshall of the
opening parade. Impressive chap, he was, with his bouquet of rat-on-a-stick
and necklaces of garlic cloves, waving to the crowds as his goat strode
proudly by.  I don't think they've ever had that many satin ribbons on one
goat's tail before - I heard it set a record...

Just wanted to share my warm fuzzies-
Raghnailt