[Northkeep] what's in a name

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 26 20:06:19 PDT 2004

I know every one's having a good time here - I do have one small suggestion
though.  Think ahead.  If you think it's even remotely possible that
sometime in the future you might care about, oh, getting the name passed by
the heralds, you might might want to pick a name that might actually be
found in yon olden dayes.

You might want to wander over to the Academy of St. Gabriel, where , just as
an example, where I'm not finding Esmeralda under the Iberian names section.
  While that doesnt mean it wasn't used or you shouldn't use it - just that
it might be a pain to document if you ever chose to want to do that.

OTOH there are a lot of people who've had to back-engineer names to try and
get something passed (two notable local examples are Mistress Dunstana
Talana the Violet and Her Excellency Ana Maria de Mercedes de Cerdanya).

Just a suggestion.

Marc/Diarmaid (a well documented name from medieval Ireland :) )