[Northkeep] Deutsch lesson 101

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 8 12:54:22 PST 2004

>From: "Graue, Chris" <Chris.Graue at benham.com>
>Is that how you say Northkeep?

Probably not correctly :)  I'm still trying to figure out how you say "Keep"
(as in the main part of the castle) in German.

>Coooool... I had thought of "Gise of Northkeep" but said like that, it
>didn't sound very nice... or >German... but listening to the heralds try to
>say Nordschloss would be mildly entertaining... How did >you type the
>"B"ish character (can't remember if it has a name), anyway? I wanna be able
>to do >that!!! And umlauts!
>Chris (searching keyboard for keys I don't have)

Simple.  I cheat.

Click over to MS Word (or the equivalent); click on "insert", then "symbol"
scroll down until you find the character you want - highlight it, click the
"insert" button - close that.  Then you highlight the character, copy and
paste.   It is also possible to use the "Character map" program in Windows
to do this also (using Word allows you to make sure the word is spelled
correctly)

Marc/Diarmaid