[Northkeep] Binding newsletters

D. Vandever hlannes at ev1.net
Fri Dec 31 06:12:08 PST 2004

Marc/Diarmaid wrote:

> It's fairly straightforward.  I pull the staples, and then each separate
> issue is treated as a signature

Signature? I'm not sure what you mean by this.

>Generally I've used a variety of different medieval techniques
> and styles.

Such as? I'm completely ignorant of bookbinding techniques. Please
elucidate.

 >De-acidifying is no big deal, it's just messy and can get you > wrinkled
paper.

How do you "de-acidify" your paper? I've found a number of products on the
market and on-line that claim to do this but are fairly expensive. Donnel in
the Steppes has told me about something she found that seems less expensive
but I haven't gotten any of it yet. The kingdom files are aging daily and
some of it is pretty irreplaceable. I've been debating for some time how and
what to do about it.

Annes