[Northkeep] "You will witness Magic tonight"

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 9 11:34:04 PST 2004

>From: <ravenrux at cox.net>
>It is quite a conundrum:  on the one hand, as a Japanese, I am really
>reluctant to omit a title; on >the other hand, I value personal wishes
>concerning such as more highly than form.  On the gripping >hand, while
>speaking Japanese, I must use an honorific (it would be grammatically
>incorrect to do >so).  So I will probably only use a title when speaking in
>Japanese--which isn't very likely and I don't >expect it.

Let's see...  Masamune-dono, when referring to me in the context of an SCA
Court, or similar formal documents, might feel it appropriate to call me
Jaamido-sama; however, in the context of daily discourse Jaamido-san, is of
course, always correct.  Jaamido-kun is to be avoided at all times, to save
me the expense and trouble of hiring a Ronin  :)

I, of course, not being Japanese will continue to refer to you as Massa
Muni...  :)

M/D