[Northkeep] Valid punch test for youth rapier

Theresa Kwasny thkwasny at cox-internet.com
Thu Feb 19 05:24:06 PST 2004

Francesca,

Your technique sounds right, but the equipment is wrong.  For that test to
be valid, you must use a broken foil blade.  While, your sharp scissors
probably, indicate that the material will pass the punch test, you'll still
need it officially punched.  Ly. Anaka has a punch tester.  Either Ld. Facon
or Ld. Johann probably have a broken foil with which to test, or...if you
are traveling to Academy of the Sword in Wiesenfeuer, this coming weekend,
I'll be there and I can test it for you.

It's better to be safe than sorry.... especially where our children are
concerned.

In service,

Therese Maria Giovanni
Acting Northern YR marshal