[Northkeep] Valid punch test for youth rapier

greddi66 at juno.com greddi66 at juno.com
Thu Feb 19 10:50:43 PST 2004

Francesa,

   Visions of Hitchcock's "Psycho" came streaming to mind with the scissors action.  Whether they are closed or open PLEASE be CAREFUL!  If they are safety type, it wouldn't be valid test and we have safer ways of testing.

   But seriously, get with an Authorized Raper Marshal, Annaka here in Tulsa has a valid tester and at some events and some Populous meetings Lady Theresa Giovinni can test it for you.  Lady Theresa should be at Academy of the Sword this weekend.  They can authorize the use of your armor.  Jon & Facon might have a broken foil blade to give an initial test, but have it ultimately tested with the approved tester.  Wouldn't want it to fail right before competition and not compete.

Please be safe,
Renault de Mont-Saint Michel

This is Francesa, Katrine la Esclopiera's daughter.  I am needing a little help.  I need to make my armor for youth rapier.  I took some linen and tripled it, then jabbed it with scissors over and over and no holes were made, is this a valid punch test for now, and would the results be near the same with a correct punch test?
Francesa
<<<