[Northkeep] Water bearing advances into the age of reasoning

ravenrux at cox.net ravenrux at cox.net
Tue Jan 6 05:02:03 PST 2004

"Giant ameoba?"  Do I even want to know?

Masamune the Curious and Curiouser

From: "Alton lePeto" <altonscompany at hotmail.com>
Date: 2004/01/06 Tue AM 05:25:28 EST
To: northkeep at ansteorra.org
Subject: Re: [Northkeep] Water bearing advances into the age of reasoning

"Zubeydah" <zubeydah at northkeep.org> remarked with great insight:

(snip)
>the SCA is moving into "non-contact" waterbearing (no, not the practice of
>waterbearer's tackling the fighters, making them drink! - but having no
>contact between the mouth of the drinker and the water container, so as to
>reduce the passing of germs, plague, etc.), and the squirt tops / pop-tops
>allow that.
>
>-zubeydah

For those of us whove had the pleasure of the dreaded "Calon throat scrape"
at Lillies when they thrust that 25 inch section of (probably used) aquarium
hose down your esophagus into the mulch of mucas membrane, the news that
there is a move toward "squirted" containers is a welcome idea.  Vivat!
Now if they could just kill that giant amoeba at Smithville Lake....

Alton