[Northkeep] Giant Amoeba (was: Water bearing advances into the age of reasoning)

Kathy Herndon kathy-herndon at utulsa.edu
Tue Jan 6 08:25:03 PST 2004

Masamune queried:

>"Giant ameoba?"  Do I even want to know?

I'm not sure what the "giant ameoba" is, but Smithville Lake (the
lake at the Lilies War site) has a reputation for uncleanliness.  Two
years ago it was closed to swimming due to high levels of E coli
bacteria.  A few years before that a Northkeeper deveoped an unusual
fungal ear infection after swimming there.  Never had any problems
swimming there personally, and I think it's a welcome respite from
the heat.

Rosamund