[Northkeep] TEACHERS BEWARE ....

DulcetKitten at aol.com DulcetKitten at aol.com
Thu Jan 8 13:35:51 PST 2004

In a message dated 1/8/2004 12:18:59 PM Central Standard Time,
ravenrux at cox.net writes:
Al-gebra does derive from an Arabic word.  I find it ironic that a goodly
amount of mathematics was lost to the West when the Library at Alexandria was
burned and later reintroduced by Islamics--since it was the Islamics that burned
it in the first place.

Masamune no Yahaki
.
I was under the impression that the Library at Alexandria burned down after
Caesar had set fire to all of Ptolemy's fleet in the Alexandrian harbor and it
spread to the city.  Perhaps I heard it wrong.
-Kasha