[Northkeep] Request for help with a demo.

j.t.herring j.t.herring at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 18 17:30:37 PST 2004

Greetings good populace of Northkeep,
We  have an opportunity to share our knowledge about medieval life.

Mrs. Wells an 8th grade teacher at the Bixby Middle School has been teaching
her students a unit of literature about Ivanhoe and the Crusades. Mrs. Wells
is familiar with the SCA and was hoping that some of us might be interested
in doing a presentation on the middle ages. She is  not necessarily looking
for an SCA demo but a presentation on medieval life. Fighting would be fine
but is not necessary

Some points of interest mentioned were showing and explaining armor,
weapons, crafts, clothes, and lifestyles of medieval people like those in
the stories about Ivanhoe and Robin Hood.

There is not a specific day yet but she would like to schedule the demo for
a few hours in the afternoon (during school hours) on the week of
01/26-30/2004 (next week). If you are available from 12:30 to 2:30 in the
afternoons during the week and are willing to help or have any questions
please let me know.

This is a great opportunity for us to provide a little wonder and
enlightenment to the students of Bixby Middle School. I would like to let
Mrs. Wells know if and when we would be able to do this demo before the end
of this week. Please think it over and if you can help out by attending
and/or presenting and answering the questions of 14 and 15 year old students
then please contact me.

Thank you,
Laird Ian Dun Gillan
Barony of Northkeep's Hospitaler