[Northkeep] Look at us in the news!(Could robert Fitzmaorganplease contact)

April Gillilan agillilan at swbell.net
Sun Jan 25 06:58:05 PST 2004

In all seriousness, this article is one of the better ones we have gotten in
the Stillwater NewsPress, but it does still leave many things to be desired.
Most of the names are spelled correctly, and many of the quotes are correct,
but not all (did you see the one about Queen Elizabeth *II*?).

Being open to the public does not require a food handler’s license.  What
makes you think that?  Mooneschadowe’s events have always been open to the
public, as long as they pay the entry fee and make an attempt at period
garb.  This one will be no different.

Yes, everyone who is not a member of the SCA, Inc. will be required to pay
the non-member surcharge.  Even if Mooneschadowe had the money to pay for
them all (which we don’t), it is against the NMS rules to pay the surcharge
with SCA funds.  I already have a correction written up and ready to go to
the NewsPress about the site fees, among other things.

Mooneschadowe has known for quite some time that this event would get more
public notice than others.  It is a new site for the SCA, close to town, and
in a great location.  We have had similar events in the past (Mikael and
Mikaela’s Coronation at the Castle) that were advertised locally and still
managed to be a good SCA event without anyone suffering “stiff fines”.  We
are prepared to handle any non SCA person that walks through the doors and
make sure we all still have a good time and are able to use the site again
in the future.

Don’t forget that the SCA is not a cult, dealing only with its members and
to hell with the rest of the world.  We are a bunch of people with the same
interests that like to talk to other people with similar interests.  We are
always (or should be) encouraging new members.  The more the merrier, right?
This is a wonderful opportunity for Mooneschadowe, and many other groups in
the North, to get some good publicity and potential new members.

Besides, I’m not panicking, I’m excited! Heck, we are going on live
television Wednesday morning to tell everyone in Stillwater about the SCA
and how much fun it is.  Think of how many people might find out about the
SCA who never knew that something they were searching for is already here.

Lady Gilyan Clonmacnoise

Matriarch of Mooneschadowe

This all poses yet another problem for those of us who were doing food items
as a static display. Because this is now open to the public the way I am
reading the law I would be required to have a food handlers license or face
some pretty stiff fines.....I was told to check with the regional seneschal
on this so if  Robert could please drop me a line off list on this I would
apprechiate it.

Secondly are the mundanes going to be required to pay the non member
surcharge??? By what was printed in the article it doesnt appear so.....does
this mean Moonshadowe will be eating the non member surcharge for
everyone?????

In Service to Crown and Kingdom

Lady Katren Fitzgerald HYPERLINK
"http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001"