[Northkeep] Suggested Action in the Northern Region (Long)

Cellach Ferguson cellach at breezykilt.com
Sat Jan 31 05:02:09 PST 2004

Valstarr is correct.  If we want legislators to pay attention when we speak,
we have to do it nicely.  They will not listen to anyone rant and rave
(trust me).

The point regarding using Texas as a threat is a valid one.  A good deal of
economic freedom in this state is due to the fact that we can just drive to
Texas to get what we need.  Imagine if our neighbors were as closed minded
as the Oklahoma Legislature.  They'd have declared pixie stix illegal
because they are the same form of matter as cocaine and doublemint gum would
be illegal because of the those provocative twins on those immoral
commericals!  (Let's don't even get started on what they'd do to the
availability of good Scotch...)

Help the legislators see the light... slowly.  They do NOTHING fast.  It has
to sort of dawn on them. When they believe it was their idea all along,
THEN things will get done.

Cellach Ferguson