[Northkeep] Linen for fencing armor

J. Stenhouse Designs man-o-wool at excite.com
Thu Jan 15 12:58:22 PST 2004

 I haven't ever seen a weight on a bolt of linen.  However,  a wholesaler on the west coast that I deal with does include weights with their samples.  But that is the only place I have seen it.   My guess is that anything heavier than "Hanky" weight, in three layers, would suffice.  Though, were it me facing a piece of broken steel, I would get the heaviest I could find. SeamusJames StenhouseJames Stenhouse Designs / Fine Quality Kilts and Custom Clothing--- On Thu 01/15, Stephanie Drake < sdrake at matrixservice.com > wrote:From: Stephanie Drake [mailto: sdrake at matrixservice.com]To: northkeep at ansteorra.orgDate: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 14:35:43 -0600Subject: RE: [Northkeep] Linen for fencing armor

You know - I've asked that question a time or two and no one ever gives me a weight.  Very frustrating.   Mercedes -----Original Message-----From: Michael Thompson [mailto:thompsonimports at hotmail.com]Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2004 2:27 PMTo: northkeep at ansteorra.orgSubject: [Northkeep] Linen for fencing armorI guess my question sould have been, What weight of linendo i need for making three layer rapier armor?i was asking about judy linen because that is what i was told to use. thanks matheus_______________________________________________Northkeep mailing listNorthkeep at ansteorra.orghttp://www.ansteorra.org/mailman/listinfo/northkeep