[Northkeep] to the manga fans

Anne Brewer anaka_ravenna at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 22 08:50:17 PST 2004

Wow, I only expected to get one maybe two replies of people interested.... so let me post a bit more on the comic. For one, those who don't know anything of the story, it's about a teen boy suffering under a curse, when he is splashed with cold water he turns into a busty redheaded girl, warm water returns him to normal. It has a little bit of nudity, and some sexual humor(so it may not be entirely appropriate for young children), and cartoon violence.
I do not have the beginning of the series, just starting in the middle and going near to the end. There are fourteen comics in a 'part', and I think there were twelve 'parts'. 1-2 part 5; 1-14 part 6; 1-5,7-14 part 7; 3-7,9-12 part 8; 10-11 part 9; 1 part 10. So most of  them are in sequence with some gaps, but this dosen't matter as much as you might think, japanese comics are a lot like serial cartoons like the Simpsons, they set up a basic premise (guy is cursed, traveling martial artist, betrothed to a girl he can't stand...) set up the characters (several others are similarly cursed, his father turns into a panda, a girl into a cat, his sometimes sidekick sometimes rival turns into a pig) and they have adventures that rarely change anything in the overall story.
Most used comic/bookstores offer half the cover price, which would total $38.25, I was just going to ask for $30 for the lot(and about half of them are in maylar acid-free archival bags), so if people want to start a bidding war(or are no longer interested if they aren't free) it's fine with me(I could use some Gulf money). I will bring them to Populus monday and after the meeting people who are still interested come see me.
~Anaka
(throwing the haggis among the wolves and running)