[Northkeep] Greetings...

Michele Bither vtdoc2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 6 11:40:16 PST 2004

Bonjour et comma ca va, cher amis!

> Hey there are some French folks in the Barony. Would
> any of them have some
> suggestions? > So what about a more specific date?
You can run French early period and do
> Norman or Frankish, or go late period and do
> Burgundian or French
> Renaissance, or anything between.

Ess one of zee eetinerent "Frenchies" here <grinnnn>,
I can addresse dees qvestiones to some extente (said
with an entirely horrible accente de la Francaise).

And now for something completely different (and also
without a horrible French accent)...Depending  upon
your preferences for locale and period, French
personas can be quite lively and fun to explore. The
French have an interesting, varied, and rich history,
so there is much that you can do when
researching/deciding upon your persona's time
period/place. I have an interest in 12th and 13th
Century France, so my persona is evolving into that
period. I will also add that you can be French and not
live in France; there are, historically, great ties
between France, Scotland, Wales, etc, so if you have
an interest in France, but still wish to be based in
Angleterre, you can. My persona now lives in Wales.

As far as clothing, the advice that Zubeydah and
others have offered about comfortable clothing is
sound. The nice thing about earlier period personas is
that their clothing was sometimes more comfortable,
simpler and less binding than those of later periods,
although they are also not necessarily as fancy.

I wish you luck on your journey of exploration, cher
ami! As the saying goes, "the journey of a thousand
miles begins with a single step."

Enchante,

Sebastiana de Montfort