[Northkeep] A modern version of a medieval idea...

Dawson, Lynne dawsonl at unionps.org
Wed Jan 7 05:07:50 PST 2004

I remember when my Grandmother died back in the early 80's, we found in her
paperwork where my grandfather purchased a get in to heaven certificate from
the Catholic Church for the entire family.  I don't remember the year he
purchased the certificate, but it had to have been in the 50's or 60's. At
that time, you could also buy from the Church so many masses and prayers so
that you could get prayed into heaven sooner in case you couldn't afford the
get into heaven certificates. BTW, my grandfather died of a brain tumor, and
many family members suspected he was losing his mind long before the tumor
was discovered!

Marta