[Northkeep] taxes ??

Stephanie Drake sdrake at matrixservice.com
Thu Jan 8 14:14:56 PST 2004

Because that's the way the law is written.  Fund raising for a not for profit, or 501C3 Corporation, which the SCA is, is not subject to sales tax.  Fund raising for yourself is.  Since the state of OK has passed a law requiring the group organizing an event to spend $50 for a permit and then to actually collect the sales tax and submit it to the state, having merchants at an event is a bit of an undertaking.  BTW, all of the fundraisers at KASMAT are going to the Kingdom, to the A&S Fund, I believe.

Mercedes