[Northkeep] Linen for fencing armor

Dawson, Lynne dawsonl at unionps.org
Thu Jan 15 12:32:42 PST 2004

That's what the recommended fabric is. Puck and Gabriella use Judy linen
because it breathes well and three layers pass the punch test. There are
other fabrics that will also work, but I've been told that Judy linen is the
most comfortable for all seasons. If you choose to use other weight linen,
then it may take more layers to pass the punch test. A couple of other tips:
either sew the cut edges or use a pinking shears before washing and wash in
hot water a couple of times, then dry before cutting out. This should
eliminate most of the shrinking.

Marta