[Northkeep] Linen for fencing armor

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 15 12:48:54 PST 2004

>From: "Dawson, Lynne" <dawsonl at unionps.org>
>That's what the recommended fabric is. Puck and Gabriella use Judy linen
>because it breathes well and three layers pass the punch test. There are
>other fabrics that will also work, but I've been told that Judy linen is
>the
>most comfortable for all seasons. If you choose to use other weight linen,
>then it may take more layers to pass the punch test. A couple of other
>tips:
>either sew the cut edges or use a pinking shears before washing and wash in
>hot water a couple of times, then dry before cutting out. This should
>eliminate most of the shrinking.

I know it's the recommended fabric, and that you can buy if from one outlet.

I'm thinking that it should eliminate all of the shrinking since linen
doesn't really shrink. (when you wash it from from the loom, the tension
eases and there's some "shrinking" there, but otherwise it's pretty stable.

M/D