[Northkeep] Linen for fencing armor

Anne Brewer anaka_ravenna at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 19 12:01:28 PST 2004

I've done fencing (off and on) for about seven years, in all that time I've only seen a blade break once(and it only scratched the top layer of the jacket) and that was an epee, I don't think I've ever heard of a schlagger blade breaking.
The rules are in the eventuallity of a blade breaking, it dosen't happen that often, even here in the notoriously hard-hitting kingdom.
~Anaka

"J. Stenhouse Designs" <man-o-wool at excite.com> wrote:
I haven't ever seen a weight on a bolt of linen. However, a wholesaler on the west coast that I deal with does include weights with their samples. But that is the only place I have seen it.

My guess is that anything heavier than "Hanky" weight, in three layers, would suffice. Though, were it me facing a piece of broken steel, I would get the heaviest I could find.

Seamus

James Stenhouse
James Stenhouse Designs / Fine Quality Kilts and Custom Clothing