[Northkeep] Virus alert? or new List subscriber?

Chris Birdwell angusmgunn at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 27 11:26:58 PST 2004

I recieved a similar message for an email that I did not send.

Just FYI.

Angus.

"Graue, Chris" <Chris.Graue at benham.com> wrote:
an e-mail that my message to them has been refused due to a "suspicious
attachment"... Since I don't know this person, I thought it might be a
mailing list thing...

I also got a message that I KNOW I didn't send, to jobs at bluestone.com ... I
got a message from our IS department warning us about a virus. Our message
from IS reads "DELETE ANY STRANGE OR UNKNOWN EMAILS with attachments." and
goes on to say:
Alert
This is a High-Outbreak Threat Alert for W32/Mydoom at MM.

Justification
W32/Mydoom at MM has been deemed High-Outbreak due to prevalence.

Read About It
Information about W32/Mydoom at MM is located on VIL at:
http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_100983.htm

Detection
W32/Mydoom at MM was first discovered on 01/26/2004 and detection will be added
to the 4319 dat files (Release Date: 1/26/2004). The EXTRA.DAT is
available.

If you suspect you have W32/Mydoom at MM, please submit a sample to
http://www.webimmune.net.

Risk Assessment Definition
For further information on the Risk Assessment and AVERT Recommended Actions
please see:
http://www.networkassociates.com/us/security/resources/risk_assessment.htm

Thanks for your time,
Chris *the extremely confused